Audioquest DragonFly Red
USB-Stick-Size Digital-Audio Converter headphone amplifier.
- USB-Stick-Size Digital-Audio Converter headphone amplifier.
- Plays All Music Files: MP3 to High-Res, Native resolution- Up to 24-bit / 96kHz
- Like the ESS 9010, the 32-bit ESS 9016 uses a sophisticated minimum-phase digital filter to provide more naturally detailed and dynamic music, but surpasses the 9010 in overall performance
- Drives Headphones Directly
- Variable Output Drives Powered Speakers or Power Amp
- Direct-Coupled, High output — With a combination of power, beauty, and finesse, DF Red delivers greater overall impact, momentum, and grip than either DF 1.2 or DF Black, while also surpassing their excellent senses of touch, texture, and nuance. In addition, Red's high (2.1v) output means that it can easily drive the widest range of headphones. When used as a line-level device (volume set to 100%), DF Red's 2.1 volts provide enough power to drive all preamplifier, integrated amplifier, or receiver inputs.
- Asynchronous Transfer Ensures Digital Timing Integrity
- The Microchip PIC32MX (USB 2.0 compliant) is a full-speed isochronous USB audio solution. Compared to other controllers, the Microchip microcontroller offers extremely low power consumption (77% lower than the TAS1020b and 95% lower than the most efficient XMOS solution), 32-bit architecture, and the option for software upgradibility (via a desktop application provided by AudioQuest). In addition, the Microchip's ultra-low-noise power supply minimizes the sound-degrading effect of high-frequency interference on the critical audio signal.
- Dual Fixed-Frequency Master Clocks Enable Optimal 'Clocking' (Digital Timing) for All Sample Rates
- DragonFly Red employs a 64-bit, bit-perfect digital volume control that resides inside the DAC chip itself—an elegant and sophisticated implementation that ensures maximum fidelity, dynamic contrast, and signal-to-noise ratio. With DragonFly Red connected to a PC or mobile device, adjusting the host’s system volume control will, thro
- USB Protocol- Streamlength™ asynchronous USB code ensures low jitter, low resource load, minimal packet errors, world-class audio playback, and reliable connectivity between our DAC and any computing device compliant with USB Host Mode (as set forth by the USB Organization). Streamlength requires no additional drivers, making DragonFly Black virtually plug-and-play for Apple, Windows, iOS, and Android users.
- Desktop/PC compatibility- Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10; Apple OS X; Linux (no support provided)
- Mobile compatibility- Yes: Apple iOS (5 and newer); Android 4.1 and newer* For Android devices, see owner's manual.
- Dimensions- 12mm (h) x 19mm (w) x 62mm (l)