Audioquest DragonFly Black
USB-Stick-Size Digital-Audio Converter headphone amplifier.
- USB-Stick-Size Digital-Audio Converter headphone amplifier.
- Plays All Music Files: MP3 to High-Res, Native resolution- Up to 24-bit / 96kHz
- Compared to the ESS 9023, the 32-bit ESS 9010 offers improved overall performance and uses a sophisticated minimum-phase digital filter to provide more naturally detailed and dynamic music.
- Drives Headphones Directly
- Variable Output Drives Powered Speakers or Power Amp
- Direct-Coupled, Medium output, Fixed Output Feeds Preamp or Receiver - More than enough power to successfully and gracefully drive a wide range of today's efficient headphones. Although DF Black has a lower output voltage than DF 1.2, its more advanced microcontroller and updated DAC chip mean that it can deliver more musical texture and detail- even when used with moderate-efficiency (~95-100dB/mW) headphones. When used as a line-level device (volume set to 100%), DF Black's 1.2 volts provide enough power to drive all preamplifier, integrated amplifier, or receiver inputs.
- Asynchronous Transfer Ensures Digital Timing Integrity
- The Microchip PIC32MX (USB 2.0 compliant) is a full-speed isochronous USB audio solution. Compared to other controllers, the Microchip microcontroller offers extremely low power consumption (77% lower than the TAS1020b and 95% lower than the most efficient XMOS solution), 32-bit architecture, and the option for software upgradibility (via a desktop application provided by AudioQuest). In addition, the Microchip's ultra-low-noise power supply minimizes the sound-degrading effect of high-frequency interference on the critical audio signal.
- Dual Fixed-Frequency Master Clocks Enable Optimal 'Clocking' (Digital Timing) for All Sample Rates
- Digitally controlled (from the host) analog volume control. With DF Black connected to a PC or mobile device, adjusting the host's volume control will, through proxy, control the DF Black's onboard volume, ensuring maximum resolution regardless of volume setting.
- USB Protocol- Streamlength™ asynchronous USB code ensures low jitter, low resource load, minimal packet errors, world-class audio playback, and reliable connectivity between our DAC and any computing device compliant with USB Host Mode (as set forth by the USB Organization). Streamlength requires no additional drivers, making DragonFly Black virtually plug-and-play for Apple, Windows, iOS, and Android users.
- Desktop/PC compatibility- Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10; Apple OS X; Linux (no support provided)
- Mobile compatibility- Yes: Apple iOS (5 and newer); Android 4.1 and newer* For Android devices, see owner's manual.
- Dimensions- 12mm (h) x 19mm (w) x 62mm (l)